Recruitment Privacy Statement Laudes
Laudes is committed to respecting the right to privacy. We protect and maintain the confidentiality and security of personal data in accordance with applicable laws.
This recruitment privacy statement (Recruitment Privacy Statement) explains how Laudes Foundation, located at Grafenauweg 10, 6301 Zug, Switzerland (Laudes) collects personal data:
- of (possible) applicants, when they visit the Laudes website, LinkedIn or the internal job vacancies site (the Laudes application sites); or
- when you are part of our recruitment process.
Please read our Laudes Cookie Statement for personal data collected through our website via cookies and other technology.
Please read this Recruitment Privacy Statement carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data. This Recruitment Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time.
Controller of your personal data
Laudes and its local group entities are located across the globe (www.laudesfoundation.org). This Recruitment Privacy Statement applies to job applicants in all Laudes regions. The joint controllers of the personal data of (possible) applicants are Laudes and the local Laudes entity to which you may apply.
This Recruitment Privacy Statement is applicable to Laudes’ recruitment process and selection activities and is intended to inform applicants:
- What personal data is collected
- Why we collect personal data
- How it is processed within the recruitment process
The term ‘Laudes’, ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this Recruitment Privacy Statement means Laudes jointly with the local Laudes entity to which you may apply.
What personal data do we collect?
Laudes can, subject to the relevant circumstances and depending on the vacancy and location, collect the following personal data (not limitative, and not always applicable) from applicants (hereinafter, the applicant personal data):
- Contact details
- Date of birth (optional)
- Gender (optional)
- Civil status (optional)
- Nationality (optional)
- Photograph (optional)
- Recruitment related information:
- CV information
- Employment history and educational history details
- Information from previous employer(s)
- References and background screening information
- Data collected during interviews
Laudes does not solicit any sensitive personal data on applicants or potential applicants, such as data that reveals your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sexual orientation. If, owing to certain circumstances, Laudes does collect sensitive applicant personal data, the applicant's explicit written consent will be obtained before such sensitive data is processed.
Why do we collect applicant personal data?
The Laudes application sites offer (possible) applicants the opportunity to apply for vacancies online (both unsolicited applications and Laudes current open positions).
Applicant personal data submitted through any Laudes application site or the internal recruitment process will only be used by Laudes to support a responsible, effective and efficient recruitment and selection process. Applicant personal data can also be used for anonymised reporting purposes. We process applicant personal data for recruitment purposes only. Laudes recruitment purposes include:
- Application: activities carried out in the course of receiving and assessing candidate applications, including reviewing general applications or applications for specific jobs and processing information to enable subscription to our job alerts. This may involve the processing of your CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, date of birth, gender, nationality
- Assessment: activities carried out in the course of assessing candidate suitability for roles at Laudes, which may involve the processing of your CV, psychometric tests (such as a situational judgement test, ability or personality test), interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments, technical assessments
- Pre-employment screening: subject to local laws and regulations, pre-employment screening activities carried out for the purposes of financial, credit history and insurance risk assessments; criminal records checks; adverse media checks
- Candidate searches: in the course of our search activities, we use applicant personal data that we have collected concerning candidates to identify professional opportunities that we think may be of interest. We may contact potential candidates from time to time regarding such opportunities
- Communication: we may communicate about Laudes recruitment and selection procedures with hiring managers, applicants and potential applicants, or match applicant personal data with Laudes current open positions
- Interviews: contacting applicants to schedule interviews/assessments and sending information to applicants about other relevant vacancies
Processing of applicant personal data
Applicant personal data collected in the context of the Laudes’ recruitment process and selection activities may be shared with employees of any of the Laudes entities on a need to know basis.
In addition, to support our business, we engage a number of third parties that work on our behalf, such as IT service providers, or professional providers like screening and assessment bureaus. If required, Laudes enters into data processing agreements with these third parties to, among other things, protect the applicant personal data.
How long do we retain personal data
We may use various systems to collect and store your personal data, such as a recruitment management system.
The retention period for storing personal data varies, depending on the type of personal data, the purpose for which it was collected and local laws. In general:
- If your application is successful, we will include your personal data in your employee file and keep it in accordance with our employee data retention policy.
- If your application is not successful or for any other reason not completed, we will keep your data for a period of 12 months to be able to contact you for relevant positions that come up within that timeframe.
Your rights with regard to your personal data
You have several rights related to your personal data. Below you find an explanation of these rights.
Right of access: You have the right to request a copy of your personal data which are processed by or on behalf of Laudes. You can also ask for other information on the processing of your personal data, such as details of the storage period and third-party recipients.
Right of rectification: If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete or are not processed in compliance with Swiss data protection law or the GDPR, you have the right to have your data rectified or completed by Laudes.
Right of restriction: You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted by Laudes. In that case, we will not process your data for a certain period of time, for instance while we are checking the rectification of your personal data.
Right of erasure of personal data: You have the right to have your personal data deleted. Please note that this right may not apply when we have a legal obligation or other pressing need to keep your personal data.
Right of data portability: At your request, Laudes will provide you with a structured copy of your personal data, which is suitable for common digital use. You also have the right to have these personal data transferred by Laudes to a third party.
Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Laudes.
If you want to exercise your rights, have any questions about this privacy statement, or if you want to lodge a complaint, please send an email to email@example.com. If you feel that we have not satisfactorily addressed any complaint that you have, you can submit a complaint to the competent data protection authority. The competent data protection authority in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (http://www.edoeb.admin.ch).