Manager Global Solutions Team a.i.
Job purposeThe Manager Global Solutions Team leads the Global Solutions team and has ownership for the organisation-wide portfolio of improvement projects with the aim of standardising a flexible and structured way of working.
Key responsibilitiesProject Management. Leads the development and management of the project framework in the organisation, with a focus around change and continuous improvement to the way of working; Co-ordinates the activities for all workstreams and supports the relevant stakeholders with definition, dependencies, risk mitigation and deliverables through all phases of a project.
Documentation and reporting. Owns the monitoring and tracking of progress across projects in the organisation; leads the development of the cadence and governance of periodic reviews; responsible for timely and concise dashboards/reports for senior management/steering committees. Establishes and maintains the document repository for all projects and associated tasks.
Capability building. Identify opportunities for project efficiency across projects and group entities. Identify knowledge sharing across project teams to drive project learning and development.
People management. Active people management within the Global Solutions team; coach and support members to deliver their individual objectives and build collaborative culture of achieving Global Solutions team success as a whole.
Budget management. Develop and manage the Global Solutions team budget, in line with financial guidelines, and in coordination with Director of Transformation & Philanthropy Services.
- Geographical scope: Local, with global overview
- Travel expectations: As needed up to 20%
- Budget responsibility: Responsible for managing the Global Solutions budget, for which the Director of Transformation & Philanthropy Services is ultimately accountable
- Reports to: Director of Transformation & Philanthropy Services
- Direct reports: 6 (Digital Solutions Manager, Operational Excellence Specialist, Reporting Analyst, Global Solutions Officer, 2 Project Managers)
- Duration of the assignment: March 15, 2021 – October 15, 2021 (possibility to extend)
What you need for the role
- A Bachelor degree (or proven ability to act on this level by working experience).
- At least 6 years of experience in a complex, global environment, specifically in roles related to project/program management or operational improvement; experience in philanthropy, an NGO or other is a plus.
- Advocate for change and continuous improvement; experience with frameworks and transformation is a plus. Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy, proven ability to manage senior stakeholders.
- Strong people management skills, with a preference for cross-functional team management; important to have a focus on execution and the ability to deliver milestones within defined cost and time.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice on various operational matters.
- Fluent in English and preferably at least one other language of the countries where the foundation is active.
Business Insight. Utilises knowledge of practices and approaches for managing the function as a viable business entity.
Resource Planning & Optimisation. Plans and optimises resources within teams in order to maximize results and achieve desired performance.
Project Management. Demonstrates the discipline of planning, organising and managing resources and activities to achieve specified outcomes within a clearly defined timeframe and standards.