Programme Manager Financial & Capital Market Transformation
What you'll doThe Programme Manager Finance & Capital Market Transformation supports the delivery of the Finance & Capital Market transformation programme. This will be achieved by identifying, supporting and scaling capital market interventions - particularly those related to our New Economic Thinking work stream - that improve global equality and address the threat of climate change, whilst incorporating the Foundation’s definition of value and working towards the Paris Compliance (temperature increase limited to 1.5°).
- Strategy. Support the Senior Programme Manager and the Director of Finance and Capital Market Transformation with rolling out the overall strategy, ensuring alignment with the foundation’s vision, mission and priorities. Further, incorporate - as part of strategy implementation – the learning from other teams and streams within the foundation, including the full accounting of externalities in business planning. Support the management team in ensuring the language of redefining value and new economic thinking is core to the culture of the foundation.
- Ambassadorship. Act as an ambassador and technical expert in relevant fora and governance bodies to build the credibility and leadership of the foundation and promote finance and capital market interventions, innovative economic paradigms and supporting EU governmental policy.
- Delivery. Support the delivery of the programme strategy by contributing to defining clear roles and objectives, establishing programme credibility through high performing teams and partners, and designing, executing against, and evaluating relevant results frameworks to maximize impact.
- Research. Identify gaps in the uptake of theories and action that align economic and business models with decarbonisation; design a robust research agenda to create and curate a heterodox community of new economic thinkers, develop pragmatic solutions and engage with relevant implementing partners.
- Partner Management. Support the development of a robust pipeline of partnerships to innovate, test and implement interventions that address climate change and inequality, including building relationships with key stakeholders from the public and private sector. Alongside the Director of Finance and Capital Market Transformation and the Senior Programme Manager, contribute to the establishment of coalitions of actors capable of delivering systemic change across the Finance and Capital Markets Transformation programme (new economic thinking, innovative business models, investor action and EU policy).
- Convening. Further the dialogue across the Finance and Capital Markets Transformation Programme by working with the Director of Finance and Capital Market Transformation and the Senior Programme manager to bring together thought leaders from various schools of thought, promoting discussion regarding the systemic changes needed across capital markets and EU policy and what can be done to catalyse and implement those changes; support leading organizations to take relevant action(s).
- Learning. Proactively contribute to a learning dynamic within the foundation by researching, analysing and sharing new and relevant insights with the wider team.
- Culture. Alongside the management team, play an active role in the development and maintenance of a culture of excellence, teamwork and trust at the Foundation.
- Geographic scope: EU
Additional informationWhat we offer
At Laudes Foundation we have one thing in common: we are passionate about our work. We offer an international, high-energy, and collaborative environment that values diversity and inclusion where you can develop your passion into a meaningful career. As a new philanthropic organisation we encourage risk-taking and transparency, so if you are a self-starter who wants to inspire and challenge industry together with your team, the opportunities for you at Laudes Foundation are (almost) endless.
- To apply, please upload your cv and cover letter, before January 11th.
- The position is based either in London (UK) or in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). Applicants must be (legally) able to live and work in one of these countries.
- An (online) assessment will be part of the recruitment procedure.
- Reference checks / pre-employment screening are part of the final hiring procedure.
Laudes Foundation is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, LGBTQI candidates, women, ethnic, racial and religious minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
What you need for the role
- A Bachelor or Masters’ degree
- Solid experience (at least 5 years) working as a practitioner within the EU (financial) research and policy context.
- Understanding and awareness of how philanthropy functions and where and how to intervene in order to bring about system change.
- Understanding of and competence around policy innovation that can contribute to the dual goals of the foundation, i.e. combatting climate change and inequality.
- Understanding of global macro economics and the levers that can be pulled to shift market failures/distortions to address climate change and inequality.
- Strong analytical skills, able to break down and solve complex problems, find new ways and define direction.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Strong in building and maintaining networks. Adaptability to changing contexts.
- Language: fluency in English and another European language