About Laudes Foundation
We are a new, independent foundation joining the movement that is responding to the dual crises of climate change and inequality by supportive brave, innovative efforts that inspire and challenge industry to harness its power for good.
Laudes Foundation provides our partners with philanthropic capital, expertise and connections. We work collectively with and through specific industries to help catalyse systems change. At the same time, we influence those working in the global financial system to redirect the flow of capital to ensure investment encourages good business practices.
We work with businesses, shareholders, investors, workers and producers to create a new definition of value beyond shareholder value alone. This means rallying thought leaders and academics to make that definition credible; supporting civil society to make it plausible; mobilising media and movement-builders to make it desirable; influencing policymakers to make it effective; engaging financiers to make it feasible; and empowering citizens to make it beneficial.
We champion transparency, equity and diversity, innovation, and collaboration, and we both learn from our peers and partners and share our insights and knowledge widely.
What you'll doThe Executive Assistant provides executive support to three Laudes Foundation Directors, whom are also members of the Laudes Management Team. You directly support the London-based Directors and one Director based in Switzerland. The Executive Assistant is part of the CEO-Office team consisting of a Business Manager to the CEO and two other Executive Assistants. The CEO-Office functions as a bridge between the CEO, the MT and the rest of the organisation. This dynamic team works to support management in having the information and processes in place for effective decision-making and in enabling an accessible and open culture while managing issues of confidentiality where required.
The Executive Assistant supports the Directors in their effectiveness and execution by providing high-level executive support in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Key responsibilitiesThought Partner. You will directly support three Directors. As such, you will act as thought partner and trusted advisor to them, making sure they are aware of pertinent information, and organising matters to ensure prioritisation and efficient use of their time; looping in relevant parties as needed. In addition, you will report to the Business Manager to the CEO, and work as a key member of the CEO-office team, acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor to the BM to the CEO on relevant matters.
Agenda management. Pro-actively manage the complex agenda of three Directors. You are the gate-keeper to the agenda, and responsible for planning, organising and executing internal and external meetings, conference calls, VC’s, lunches/dinners and international events. As a member of the CEO-Office, you will also be involved and responsible for managing and supporting the planning of meetings, events, off-sites, and working sessions. Supporting in preparation: making sure that the Directors’ agendas are updated with the stakeholders involved in the meeting, the topic and any additional information required to use time effectively. Ensuring that the Directors have enough time to work, by pro-actively prioritising and redelegating certain meetings.
Stakeholder management. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and other administrative contacts in creating a smooth workflow and maintaining follow-through.
Planning and Administration. Anticipate and coordinate point-to-point travel needs as necessary, including booking all travel and hotels, directions and ground transportation. Process expenses on a timely basis.
General support. Complete organisational and office support, such as transcription, spreadsheet preparation, and maintenance of the filing system and contact database. Update the CRM for Directors with meetings, meeting notes and other relevant contacts. Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks. In addition, there will be ad hoc things that you will need to support the CEO Office with to make sure that everything runs smoothly and effectively. Bask stopping other Executive Assistants where necessary and supporting preparation for various high-level meetings.
What you've doneTo be successful in your role, you are an extremely organised, structured and responsible person who gets energy from working in a dynamic environment and creating a sense of calm and structure within that environment. You have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations and are able to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Ideally, you meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of experience serving C-suite in a similar role, within a corporate and international environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally, with high levels of diplomacy, with senior leaders, external stakeholders, shareholders, as well as administrative staff across a wide variety of backgrounds and geographies.
- Experienced in complex calendar management. Ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment. Understand the need of pro-active handling and service orientation.
- Service focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations of the senior executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and commit to faultless execution on tasks, with the ability to provide light editing, proof-reading, and reviewing of documents prior to finalising.
- A self-starter who can manage priorities and make trade-offs when needs change, who has the capacity to navigate, digest, and make decisions amidst uncertainty.
- Technologically savvy with the ability to quickly accommodate to new applications and tools.
- Understand the highly adaptable nature of support work and are comfortable with being available as needed. Willingness to work across different time zones (from Hong Kong to Sao Paulo), which sometimes (but not often) requires flexibility in early mornings and evenings, especially if the MT is travelling internationally.
- A positive, solution-oriented personality with great interpersonal skills. Showing ownership through responsibility and accountability.
- Deeply mission driven.
- Fluent in English and preferably at least one other language of the countries where the foundation is active.
What we offerAt Laudes Foundation we have one thing in common: we are passionate about our work. We offer an international, high-energy, and collaborative environment that values diversity and inclusion where you can develop your passion into a meaningful career. As a new philanthropic organisation we encourage risk-taking and transparency, so if you are a self-starter who wants to inspire and challenge industry together with your team, the opportunities for you at Laudes Foundation are (almost) endless.
- Geographic scope: Global
- Travel expectations: Up to 15% (candidates should be able to travel freely without any restrictions)
- An (online) assessment can be part of the recruitment process
- Reference checks are part of the final hiring procedure
To apply please upload your cv and cover letter via our website www.laudesfoundation.org before October 1, 2021.
Laudes Foundation is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, LGBTQI candidates, women, ethnic, racial and religious minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
Follow us on LinkedIn