Executive Assistant to the Management Team
We are a new, independent foundation joining the movement that is responding to the dual crises of climate change and inequality by supportive brave, innovative efforts that inspire and challenge industry to harness its power for good.
Laudes Foundation provides our partners with philanthropic capital, expertise and connections. We work collectively with and through specific industries to help catalyse systems change. At the same time, we influence those working in the global financial system to redirect the flow of capital to ensure investment encourages good business practices.
We work with businesses, shareholders, investors, workers and producers to create a new definition of value beyond shareholder value alone. This means rallying thought leaders and academics to make that definition credible; supporting civil society to make it plausible; mobilising media and movement-builders to make it desirable; influencing policymakers to make it effective; engaging financiers to make it feasible; and empowering citizens to make it beneficial.
We champion transparency, equity and diversity, innovation, and collaboration, and we both learn from our peers and partners and share our insights and knowledge widely.
What you'll doAs the Executive Assistant you provide general support to Laudes Foundation Management team (MT) members in their effectiveness and execution by providing high-level executive support in a fast-paced and changing environment.
You will be part of the CEO Office team consisting of one Business Manager to the CEO, a CEO Assistant and another Executive Assistant. The CEO Office functions as a bridge between the CEO, the MT and the rest of the organisation. This dynamic team works to support management in having the information and processes in place for effective decision-making and in enabling an accessible and open culture while managing issues of confidentiality, where required. This role combines direct support for members of the MT and also requires ad-hoc support to a number of wide-ranging initiatives from Governance, organisational learning, thought leadership, and beyond.
Key responsibilitiesTrusted advisor. You will directly support 3 members of the MT as their administrative assistant. As such, you will act as thought partner and trusted advisor to the them, making sure they know what they need to know, guide them toward making right decisions about use of time and loop in relevant parties if needed. In addition, you will report to the Business Manager to the CEO, and work as a key member of the CEO-office team, acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor to the BM to the CEO on relevant matters.
Agenda management. Pro-actively manage the complex agenda of the MT members. Responsible for planning, organizing and executing internal and external meetings, conference calls, VC’s, lunches/dinners and international events. Pro-actively manage the complex agenda of the governance meetings, events, off-sites, and working sessions.
Stakeholder management. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and other administrative contacts in creating a smooth workflow and maintaining follow-through.
Planning and Administration. Anticipate and coordinate point-to-point travel needs as necessary, including booking all travel and hotels, directions and ground transportation. Process expenses on a timely basis. On request coordinate with the Global Operations team to ensure the CRM system of MT members are up to date.
General support. Support in preparing internal and external governance meetings, ensuring relevant information is prepared and shared beforehand, people are invited, guests have access to meetings and relevant information. Perform other duties as assigned or required; responsibilities may vary.
- Interested? To apply please upload your cv and cover letter before February 28, 2020.
- Geographic scope: Global oversight while being based in Amsterdam
- Travel expectations: As needed up to 10%
- An (online) assessment can be part of the recruitment process
- Reference checks are part of the final hiring procedure
Laudes Foundation is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team. We strongly encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, LGBTQI candidates, women, ethnic, racial and religious minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
What you've doneTo be successful in your role, you are an extremely organised, structured and responsible person who gets energy from working in dynamic environments and creating a sense of calm and structure within those environments. You are also flexible and take a pragmatic approach to change. People recognise you as a real team player.
Ideally, you meet the following requirements:
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in a similar role supporting C-level Executives, within a corporate and international environment.
- Experienced in complex calendar management. Capable of prioritizing business needs and make trade-offs across all stakeholders accordingly. Ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally, with high levels of diplomacy, with senior leaders, external stakeholders, shareholders, as well as administrative staff across a wide variety of backgrounds and geographies.
- Proactive and motivated to emphasize on current processes and build efficient systems
- The ability to provide light editing, proof-reading, and reviewing of documents prior to finalising.
- Professionally polish in both internal and external interactions and the ability to display finesse and stability under pressure.
- Possess discretion and sensitivity towards confidential information.
- A positive, solution-oriented personality with great interpersonal skills. Showing ownership through responsibility and accountability.
- Deeply mission driven.
- Fluent in English and preferably at least one other language of the countries where the foundation is active.