Request for Proposal: New Economic Thinking Landscape Review
Laudes Foundation, in collaboration with Partners for a New Economy, seeks an independent research team for undertaking the New Economic Thinking Landscape Review. Key findings of the landscape review will be published. Completed proposals should be submitted by 11 June 2021 to Megan McGill, Senior Programme Manager, Laudes Foundation.
For more details download the full request for proposals.
Laudes Foundation is an independent foundation here to advance the transition to a just and regenerative economy. We do this by supporting brave action that will inspire and challenge industry to harness its power for good. Action that inspires industry, to work collaboratively to create solutions and tools. And action that challenges industry, holding it to account and incentivizing change. Founded in 2020, Laudes Foundation is part of the Brenninkmeijer family enterprise and builds on six generations of entrepreneurship and philanthropy. In particular, we advance the industry-changing work of C&A Foundation. Learning from these experiences, we work to persistently and collaboratively influence capital markets and transform industry, starting with the built environment and fashion industries.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Research Manager (Programme Manager, Laudes Foundation) is responsible for:
- Overall responsibility and accountability for management and delivery of the research up to and including approval of the research report (in consultation with the Effective Philanthropy team at Laudes Foundation)
- Leadership of the research draft report review process including collating comments from Laudes Foundation and Partners for a New Economy and facilitating discussion and feedback
- Identification of peer reviewers (internal and external) and management of peer review process
- In all of these roles, necessary support will be provided by other members of the Laudes team
- Leadership in use of the research and its publication with support from the Brand and Communications team at Laudes Foundation
The research consultant(s) is responsible for:
- Conducting all necessary literature review and qualitative and quantitative assessments and data collection as necessary
- Day-to-day management of the research and methodological approach
- Regular formal and informal reporting to the programme manager
- Preparation of and participation in key research related meetings (kick off meeting, inception report meeting and draft findings meeting etc.)
- Support in identification of peer reviewers
- Addressing peer review feedback in the research
- Production of deliverables (inception report and research report) in accordance with the request for proposals, Laudes Foundation editorial style guide, Laudes Foundation report style guide and contractual arrangements
The peer reviewers are responsible for:
- Reviewing the draft research report
- Providing peer review feedback to ensure quality of the research report
- Liaising with the research consultant(s), as required
The Researcher (or research team) will report directly to Megan McGill, Senior Programme Manager, Laudes Foundation.
- Proposal, Research Team Requirements and Level of Effort
- The proposal should only be for Phase I of the research and not exceed 3 pages (excluding annexes). It should include:
- Research Methodology: Describe your overall approach and research methodology.
- Relevant Experience: Provide details of projects of similar scope, methodology, complexity and nature you have worked on previously.
- Specific Expertise: Describe your level of knowledge and expertise conducting the specified type of research and in geographies (as needed).
- Specific Expertise of the researcher (or research team). Include CVs (no more than three pages each and attached as annex).
- Timeline: Confirmation that you agree to the research timeline as outlined in this RFP +/- 2 weeks.
- Sample reports: One sample research report authored by the team lead (will be treated as confidential and used for purposes of selection)
The financial proposal should include a line-item budget and a budget narrative. The cost estimates used to prepare the budget should be presented in Euros. The proposal should include costs of a professional editor to prepare the report for external publication. The proposal should include estimated costs for the peer review by two qualified peer reviewers in the inception phase and of the draft report (per peer reviewer a minimum EUR 500 per day x 6 days and the rate should assume a 20% VAT charge).
Each proposal will be evaluated based on methodology and relevant organisational and staff experience and capabilities. The total budget for this landscape review should include travel expenses (if applicable) and VAT.
The members of the Research Team must have:
- A strong understanding and proven experience regarding new economic thinking and ability to undertake this research;
- Excellent research skills including data collection, interviews, literature review, focus group facilitation.
- Fluent ability to communicate in English;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Good project management skills;
- No conflict of interest with Laudes Foundation.
Level of effort:
- This research is estimated to not take longer than 60-70 working days.